Twitter Setup Guide
This article will guide you through the process of setting up Twitter with Social Login extension for UsersWP. You will need a Twitter account in order to integrate it with our Social Login extension.
You need to have the Social Login extension for UsersWP installed and activated in order to access these settings.
- Enable Twitter - To enable Twitter support, you need to check this option.
- Twitter API Key - This is where you will enter your Twitter app ID.
- Twitter API Secret - Enter your Twitter app secret key here.
- Let the User Enter the Username? - If checked, the user will be allowed to choose a username (if unchecked, username is automatically generated).
- Let the User Enter Email? - If checked, users can enter an email of their choice. If unchecked, the email returned by Twitter is used.
Setting up Twitter with Social Login
Before going any further, make sure you have generated an App ID and App Secret Key from Twitter. Refer to Twitter Documentation for additional details.
Twitter have recently changed their policy regarding Developers. You now need to manually apply for a Developer Account in order to create apps and/or generate API keys.
- First up, go to Twitter Developers and click Create New Application.
- Next, enter your app details. You will need to specify your use-case scenario for your app -- for instance, it can be teaching, or publishing ads, consumer products, B2B solutions, and so on.
- Now, navigate to UsersWP > Social > Twitter.
- Enter your API Key and API Secre in the relevant fields. You can get these details from your Twitter app that you just created.
- Remember to check Enable Twitter option.
- Save your settings.