WordPress.com Setup Guide
This article will guide you through the process of setting up WordPress.com with Social Login extension for UsersWP. Note that this doc talks about integration with WP.com -- not WordPress.org
You need to have the Social Login extension for UsersWP installed and activated in order to access these settings.
- Enable WordPress - To enable WP.com support, you need to check this option.
- WordPress App ID - This is where you will enter your WP.com app ID.
- WordPress App Secret - Enter your WP.com app secret key here.
- Let the User Enter the Username? - If checked, the user will be allowed to choose a username (if unchecked, username is automatically generated).
- Let the User Enter Email? - If checked, users can enter an email of their choice. If unchecked, the email returned by WordPress.com is used.
Setting up WP.com with Social Login
Before going any further, make sure you have generated an App ID and App Secret Key from WordPress.com Refer to WP.com Documentation for additional details.
- First up, go to WP.com and click Create New Application.
- Next, enter your app details. For the Redirect URL field, enter the value as your-site.com/uwphauth/wordpress (replace "your-site.com" with your actual site address).
- Now, navigate to UsersWP > Social > VKontakte.
- Enter your API ID (also known as App ID) and API Secret Key in the relevant fields. You can get these details from your WP.com app that you just created.
- Remember to check Enable WordPress.com option.
- Save your settings.